On July of 1888 Eastman Kodak placed a camera on the market with the slogan, "You press the button, we do the rest". For the first time in history the masses could now record history with the push of a button. No harsh chemicals were needed to bring alive forever moments in time. In 1901 Eastman Kodak introduced the Kodak Brownie and the rest is history.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Okay I admit I have been absent from this site for ages--but recently a lot has changed. Big news is this site will be linked to a new page.

The reason?

First I have met so many great folks as of late, both in Columbus and locally. The Ohio and Erie Towpath has been ripe for photography with the great early spring. Being there, on the path, has opened the door for many new viewers.

It has been rather embarrassing to send new friends here because nothing is fresh since I keep slapping pictures on Facebook instead of here, where they truly belong.

So this is the deal.

I have this site for black and whites, which I love, but there will also be a site for color.

Why?

Two reasons. First I want people to see and enjoy some of my best work.

Secondly I want to start selling more photos. I have blessed by selling numerous photos this past year, now it is time to make the bigger move by selling online.

Why?

Last summer my Canon fell to the kitchen floor taking my camera and best lens off to digital heaven. As hard as I try to save money to pay cash for a new camera, something always comes up to clean out my savings. I live on disability so my camera money comes from rehabing photos for customers and selling my work.

As of today the camera (Canon 60D) and lens will cost $1,195. My savings was $475 last week. Today it is zip. So I will once again look for a grant, but in reality selling will get me there quicker which of course will make me a bit more proud.

Sales and donations can be handled through PayPal.

Give me a few days to set up a new shop and please come back. The coffee pot is always on and the best pie in town is here at Shelly's Cafe.

1 comment:

Hawkeye® said...

Hi Shelly,

Good to hear from you again. I'm looking forward to some new entries.

(:D) Best regards...